After discovering a little secret ingredient called ‘essence’ *said romantically!* I concocted these babies – yum!
The sweet combo of white chocolate, mixed with the fruitiness of raspberry in a delicious “blondie”.
Raspberry Essence is the trick here, which is cheating to some but so simple to store in the cupboard and add to icings, fondant, chocolates and even cake recipes.
It’s become a favourite flavour choice for our family – to add some difference to a simple chocolate mud cake. I often complement it with raspberry icing.
Here’s my recipe.
1+1/4 cup plain flour
2 Tbs self-raising flour
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
200g white chocolate
5ml raspberry essence (or to taste – some brands require less)
Red food colouring (only for the marble effect)
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Melt 125g chocolate and butter together.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Sift in the dry ingredients to the eggs and sugar then combine it with the chocolate and butter.
- Pull out 1 cup of the mixture and add in the raspberry essence and red food coloring.
- Either layer the white mixture and red mixture or create a marble swirl effect by placing dollops of each mix and swirling them through with a knife.
- Chop up the remaining chocolate and press into mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins in a lamington tin.
NOTE: The essence can be very bitter if tasted in high concentration so be careful not to add too much!
ALSO NOTE: These are Australian standard measurements.
Hi, I'm Christine!
I started this blog because I love talking about cake!
I love trying new recipes, designs and techniques - and I would love to share my findings with you.
Follow me on my journey!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.