Here is my Banana Caramel Mud Cake Recipe
Mmmm… another delicious experiment!
I took a delicious combination of banana cake and added the sweetness of smooth caramel… heaven!
This one has won the heart of my brother so much, he chose it for his wedding cake.
250g butter or margerine
250g white chocolate
150ml hot water
1 cup brown sugar
1+3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
250g white chocolate
3-4 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 150 degC.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Add the water and the sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Mash the banana, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl until it’s like a paste
- Sift in the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Add the egg and banana and mix with a whisk.
- to the eggs and sugar then combine it with the chocolate and butter.
- Baking time will vary based on your tin. With one cake batter I made a very tall 6″ round cake which took approx 1.5hrs and a shorter 6″ round with the leftovers which took approx 60 mins.
White chocolate ganashe is the go with this cake.
Also check out my Moist Chocolate Mud Cake.
Hi, I'm Christine!
I started this blog because I love talking about cake!
I love trying new recipes, designs and techniques - and I would love to share my findings with you.
Follow me on my journey!
Have You Seen My Favourite Recipes?
This is the BEST chocolate mud cake ever! Every time I make this cake it turns out perfect and every person that tries it comes back for more! Although my favorite cake is the caramel mud, this is my husband’s favorite out of all the other cake recipes. Ingredients 350 grams dark chocolate pieces 225 grams butter 600 mL watercontinue reading…Continue Reading...
Here is my Banana Caramel Mud Cake Recipe Mmmm… another delicious experiment! I took a delicious combination of banana cake and added the sweetness of smooth caramel… heaven! This one has won the heart of my brother so much, he chose it for his wedding cake. 250g butter or margerine250g white chocolate150ml hot water1 cup brown sugar1+3/4 cup plain flour1continue reading…Continue Reading...
After discovering a little secret ingredient called ‘essence’ *said romantically!* I concocted these babies – yum! The sweet combo of white chocolate, mixed with the fruitiness of raspberry in a delicious “blondie”. Raspberry Essence is the trick here, which is cheating to some but so simple to store in the cupboard and add to icings, fondant, chocolates and even cakecontinue reading…Continue Reading...