Here is my Banana Caramel Mud Cake Recipe
Mmmm… another delicious experiment!
I took a delicious combination of banana cake and added the sweetness of smooth caramel… heaven!
This one has won the heart of my brother so much, he chose it for his wedding cake.
250g butter or margerine
250g white chocolate
150ml hot water
1 cup brown sugar
1+3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
3-4 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 150 degC.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Add the water and the sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Mash the banana, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl until it’s like a paste.
- Sift in the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the egg and banana mix to the chocolate and butter mix, and mix together with a whisk.
- Baking time will vary based on your tin. With one cake batter I made a very tall 6″ round cake which took approx 1.5hrs and a shorter 6″ round with the leftovers which took approx 60 mins.
White chocolate ganashe is the go with this cake.
Also check out my Moist Chocolate Mud Cake.
Hi, I'm Christine!
I started this blog because I love talking about cake!
I love trying new recipes, designs and techniques - and I would love to share my findings with you.
Follow me on my journey!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.