After discovering a little secret ingredient called ‘essence’ *said romantically!* lol I concocted these babies – yum!
1+1/4 cup plain flour
2 Tbs self-raising flour
3/4 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
200g white chocolate
5ml raspberry essence (or to taste – some brands require less)
Red food coloring (only for the marble effect)
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Melt 125g chocolate and butter together.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Sift in the dry ingredients to the eggs and sugar then combine it with the chocolate and butter.
- Pull out 1 cup of the mixture and add in the raspberry essence and red food coloring.
- Either layer the white mixture and red mixture or create a marble swirl effect by placing dollops of each mix and swirling them through with a knife.
- Chop up the remaining chocolate and press into mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins in a lamington tin.